NextGen Resale and Consignment is a service bureau providing know-how, software and support to owners of resale and consignment shops. NextGen has grown from supporting stores selling used children’s apparel, toys and equipment to stores selling juniors and women’s apparel and accessories.
NextGen clients buy outright and accept items on consignment. They sell new merchandise and used. All are brick and mortar operations; a small number sell on-line. Some have multiple shops, most only one. All require responsive how-to support as well as technical support. All utilize NextGen’s pricing system to keep prices current, and save time spent on buying, pricing and related training. All welcome as many features as they can get.
Initially, NextGen contracted with one of the few POS vendors supporting both consignment and buy-outright operations to customize its offering by building in NextGen’s buying/pricing application. In the end, the vendor was unable to produce, and NextGen had to forego its investment and renew its search—this time in a more diligent fashion. After an exhaustive and systematic review, we found Liberty 4, by Resaleworld. It was, is, and remains the only software that satisfies the essential demands of our varied clients:
- First and foremost, capable of seamlessly delivering our off-line and on-line women’s, children’s and juniors pricing system
- Full-featured consignment as well as buy-outright modes—clients are increasingly using both
- Fully supports the acquisition and sale of new merchandise as well as used
- Supports on-line as well as off-line sales
- Available for purchase and installation, or on a monthly subscription basis as an internet service
- Supports multiple locations via a private network or the cloud.
- True ‘on-call’ technical support—not the as-available’ technical support characteristic of the little POS vendors that dot the resale & consignment software landscape.
- Lots of features—the most of any POS software in the resale industry